Good Morning Gentle Readers,
Just the ticket to take the sultry out of an oppressive summer afternoon.
- 1 cup (roughly cubed) very ripe melon (Tuscan cantaloupe is a good choice)
- 1 jigger white rum (1.5 oz)
- 1/2 jigger Triple Sec (Curacao)
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tsp sugar (or simple syrup as you like)
- cup of crushed ice
- Turn it into a slurpee in the blender
- Pour into a chilled martini glass
Shortcut: Chill the martooni glass with the ice you will use to make the drink.
For a nice extra touch.....
- Sprinkle fine sugar on a plate about 1/8 inch deep.
- Rub the rim of the martooni glass with a slice of lime
- Slowly spin the edge of the glass in fine sugar to coat the edge. It's just like rimming a margarita glass, only with sugar instead of salt. Diabetics may omit this step and may substitute Splenda for sugar in the drink.
TWC 🍷Photo Credit (unless otherwise noted): ©TWC, all rights reserved